CUSTOMIZABLE

CUSTOMIZABLE
100% Mobile Friendly

Thursday, January 26, 2017

As The Storm Clouds Gather: A Personal Story Part 6




Rockfield, Indiana
Carroll County
May 16,1968


“I was not ready to accept my death and stubbornly decided I was getting out alive. I wanted my Mother was all I could think about. It was at that very moment that I shut my eyes and mentally went down to my knees in prayer.”

My descent down the side of the house was slow until my feet softly touched the ground. I felt hypnotized by the bright light and began my walk towards it. Then I felt my self-outside of me, and for just a few moments I watched as I was walking towards the light. 

The part of me that was standing outside of me was on the very edge of the bright light. I could sense the storms fury.  I realized I had a choice … I chose the light

… All of my remaining fears left me. My doubts were gone.
I was going to survive.

With my bare feet ...









No comments:

Post a Comment